Portfolio & Case Studies
Want to know how Gray Cat can add value to your organization? Click on the case studies below for examples on how we have helped other organizations.
The Body Shop indentified 37 key initiatives for the upcoming planning year – submitted by 9 different departments. Gray Cat’s role was to guide the senior team by: a) organizing their projects in a simple, one-page format by initiative; b) identifying the key steps to accomplishing their goal; c) mapping out the specific time table for each step; and d) assigning an owner for each key task. The 9 departments involved are listed below:
- Real Estate
- E-Commerce, Marketing & Merchandising
- Human Resources
- Canada & Mexico
Gray Cat and the departmental leader evaluated each key initiative with regard to the following key attributes:
- Financial Impact – How this initiative will add both revenue and gross profit to the overall company, while minimizing expense.
- Broken Pipes – Identifying all the challenges for success in advance of the initiative and mending the “broken pipes” before they occur.
- Confidence Factor – Assigning a “confidence factor” from 1 to 10 for success of not only completing the project on-time, but on-budget as well.
- Interdependencies – Identifying in advance the potential needs from other departments and/or duplicative initiatives that can be streamlined.
- Time Lines and Resources – Map out the key steps with their respective time commitments and resource allocation.
Each of the key initiatives was condensed to a one-page summary and the departmental owners shared their plans with their peers in a series of senior leader meetings. The initiatives were compiled in a master key initiative tracker that linked the financials, broken pipes and time lines in summary fashion for the executive team.