Interim Executive Management - Safeguard
Gray Cat was contracted to become the interim Executive Manager of Safeguard by Innovative, a Deluxe company. Safeguard by Innovative is located in Phoenixville, PA and was an asset held for sale by Deluxe and Gray Cat’s role was to transform the business in preparation to be sold approximately nine to twelve months later.
After meeting with each of the departments (operations, marketing, sales, production and warehousing), and an overall Strategic Business and Assessment Plan was developed on behalf of the company. The Plan included:
- The development of internal routines that enhance collaborative communication
- A thorough review of the P & L with recommended enhancements to profitability
- Creation of a sales forecasting tool
- Development and management on ongoing Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- A detailed action plan to drive sales and margin in two ways:
- Selling more and with a greater margin to existing customers
- Actively soliciting new customers into the fold
- Revamping an inefficient system of processes
- Development of financial metrics to include a daily sales flash, revamped P & L statements, and financial Proforma’s
Sales results at the company improved dramatically over the 10-month project and turnover within the organization was zero. The company signed an LOI with a buying group and the sale of the division was finalized.